This Friday, the prefect of Pas-de-Calais, Louis Le Franc, issued an order aimed at preventing the appearance of avian influenza in farms, following the discovery of gulls carrying the Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza virus. (IAHP) died on the beach of Le Touquet, Thursday, May 19 and faced with the active circulation of this contagious and pathogenic virus for birds in Europe.
Ban on feeding wild birds
” A Temporary Control Zone (ZCT) has been defined and includes all the municipalities of Airon-NotreDame, Airon-Saint-Vaast, Berck, Camiers, Conchil-Le-Temple, Condette, Cucq, Dannes, Echinghen, Equihen-Plage , Etaples, Frencq, Groffliers, Halinghen, Hesdigneul-les-Boulogne, Hesdin-l’Abbé, Isques, Le-Touquet-Paris-Plage, Lefaux, Merlimont, Nesles, Neufchâtel-Hardelot, Outreau, Rang-du-Fliers, Saint-Aubin , Saint-Etienne-Au-Mont, Saint-Josse, Saint-Leonard, Tubersent, Verlincthun, Verton, Waben and Widehem. It is specifically requested not to approach, feed or handle wild birds in this area and more particularly on the entire coast to avoid any risk of spreading the virus. “Said a press release from the prefecture.
Other specific measures will apply in this ZCT.
– All poultry, including backyard poultry, as well as any other captive birds, must be kept permanently inside buildings or under netting
– No live poultry and no captive bird should leave farms, commercial or non-commercial. Exemptions will be possible, after agreement of the Departmental Directorate for the Protection of Populations (DDPP) of Pas-de-Calais, mainly in the context of a direct transfer to a slaughterhouse
– The movements of people, domestic animals and vehicles within the farms must be limited to what is strictly necessary
– The DDPP organises, in each farm in the ZCT, veterinary visits to verify the strict application of sheltering and biosecurity measures. The state of health of the animals is systematically checked
– The direct sale at the farm of slaughtered poultry and its products is prohibited. Breeders can, however, continue their commercial activity by selling directly to consumers in local open-air markets.
– During the maintenance period of this ZCT, increased monitoring of the avifauna will be carried out.
” The temporary control zone
may be lifted after a period of 21 days if, after all the veterinary visits: no sign suggestive of avian influenza is detected in the farms and if no new case occurs in wildlife ”, further specifies the prefecture of Pas-de-Calais, which calls for vigilance from breeders, bird keepers (farmyards, farms, etc.) and veterinarians.
Finally, any mortality of wild birds in this area must be reported to the municipality concerned.
Legislative: the 328 candidates in the Nord and Pas-de-Calais
A motorist dies in a head-on collision on the Bapaume – Cambrai axis
Calais: a good atmosphere and the sun at the rendezvous of the Sablaisienne
Continue reading on this topic(s):