Curry Goat Recipe
|3 lbs||bone-in goat meat cut into cubes|
|1 large||onion, chopped|
|6 cloves||garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp||vegetable oil|
|2 tbsp||curry powder|
|1 tsp||ground cumin|
|1 tsp||ground coriander|
|1/2 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|1 can (14 oz)||diced tomatoes|
|1/2 tsp||black pepper|
|1 large||potato, peeled and diced|
|1 large||carrot peeled and diced|
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the goat meat and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, water, bay leaves, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot.
- Simmer the curry goat for 1-1.5 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Add the diced potato and carrot and continue to simmer for another 20-30 minutes, until the vegetables are soft and the sauce has thickened.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve the curry goat with rice or naan bread.
Enjoy this flavorful and comforting dish with family and friends!