Eddie V’s Prime Seafood
- 1 pound of sea scallops (10-12 scallops)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, cut into cubes and chilled
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Remove the scallops from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature for 10-15 minutes. This will ensure that they cook evenly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the scallops to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and caramelized on the outside and just cooked through in the center. Be careful not to overcook them, or they will become tough and rubbery.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the white wine and lemon juice to the skillet. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon.
- Cook the wine and lemon juice mixture for 2-3 minutes, until it has reduced by half.
- Add the heavy cream to the skillet and whisk to combine.
- Add the butter to the skillet, a few cubes at a time, whisking constantly until the butter has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Return the scallops to the skillet and spoon the lemon beurre blanc over them.
- Garnish the scallops with chopped fresh parsley and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
This dish is simple to prepare and is sure to impress your dinner guests with its rich and delicious flavors. Serve it with a side of steamed vegetables or a fresh salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
One thought on “Eddie V’s Prime Seafood”