By Maxime T’sjoen
See my news
At least one theme on which the two finalists are closer: hunting and animal rights.
If there is no consensus between Emmanuel Macron (La République en Marche) and Marine Le Pen (National Rally), both are for hunting, and for one strengthening animal rights.
All the same, the candidate president goes further in the right of the hunters and the deputy of the North deepens more on the right of the animals.
One day, one theme
While waiting for the polls to deliver their verdict, actu.fr offers you every day, until the end of the campaign, Friday April 22, to compare the programs of the candidates in computer graphics.
Hunting and animal rights
To produce this article, we based ourselves on the official program of the candidates, the same as those broadcast to all French people.
Feel free to zoom in and switch between candidates.
Emmanuel Macron’s program
- Better ensure the collection of abandoned pets.
- Strengthen the rights of hunters.
- Extension of collection periods for Greylag Goose.
- Favorable to traditional hunts.
- Establishment of a “rural obstruction offence” to punish activists who obstruct a legal activity practiced by hunters.
Marine Le Pen’s program
- Grant constitutional recognition to the legal status of animals.
- Create a new civil law status for animals.
- Ritual slaughter without prior stunning will be prohibited.
- Reinforcement of penalties for offenses committed against animals.
- Do not prohibit hunting, but with firm penalties for hunters who do not respect the rules.
Compare other program streams
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow Actu in the My Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.